Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 5

Hello Family!

I loved getting all of your emails this week. Not a lot out of the normal this week. It was Apucaranas birthday this weekend so there were fairs and running races and lots of activity in the centro. We just worked really hard again this week.

Sister Smith is amazing. I am so blessed with a wonderful companion. Mom- yes we are eating well. Actually, here in Brasil, the main meal of the day is lunch so we eat lunch with members everyday and then usually just eat light when we get home. The members feed us so well. I am in love with stroganoff here- not what you think it is. Way better. Also, we eat saladas, arroz e feijão (rice and beans) basically everyday. The food is amazing.

Also, we taught a 4 hour lesson with Junior this week. I cant remember if I already explained him but we found him doing contacts and he is deaf and mute. He is a super cool guy who loves to learn. He is such a special spirit and it was so powerful to feel the spirit in the room as we used books and videos and pamphlets to teach the truth to someone who has never heard or spoken in his life. I gained such a powerful testimony that eloquent and persuasive words are not required for conversion, words arent required at all to feel the spirit. (thank goodness because my portuguese words are limited hahaha). But really... He has such a cool background story and has turned his life around. He lives in Londrina but wants to move here and it just happens (by divine intervention) that he was right where he was in the street when we found him. We are finishing lessons this week and he wants to be baptized so we are helping him prepare for that. 

I have loved reading in mid-Alma this week about the missionary work of Ammon, Alma, and the sons of Mosiah. My companion and I can totally relate with Alma 31: 34-35. These sould are so precious and we just are praying for the power to bring them to Christ. I just cant explain enough how obvious and simple and true the gospel is. We have to cling to it because it is too easy for people to fall away. I have learned so much watching investigators accept and treasure the word, and ignore it and choose not to partake.

I made brazilian heath bar cake this week (none of the same american ingredients but same idea) for a missionary's birthday this week and it was delish.

I love you all so much. I miss you all so much.

Brooke- Happy Birthday on Saturday. I love you!
Ms. Behrle- Good luck with Share the Love. I am so excited to hear how it goes!
Everyone- Read the Book of Mormon. Just do it. You wont walk away the same!

I love you all. 

Sister Megan Penni

No comments:

Post a Comment