Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Transfers and Mother's Day!







Bom Día!

Today we had transfers and i am staying here in Maringá but my companion was transferred to Londrina, so I will be receiving a new companion! Thank you all for the emails and Happy Birthdays this week! This week was great and full of a lot of work! I love the people here in Brasil and it is a privilege to know their lives and stories. 

This week, one of the members called and asked me to come and speak at his english school and answer questions about life in the United States. That was a super cool experience. Outside views of what it is like to live in America are really funny. 

Also, this week it was SUPER COLD! what? Yes. Super cold. But it was a good week and I love my companion Sister Rocha. Here are some pictures of us this week. 

I have been thinking a lot about prophets this week. I heard a cool story about a group of people who walked by this house and saw a cat sitting in front. The Cat said warned the people that the house was going to fall. Everybody stood in awe that the cat was talking and continued walking. Another group walked by the house and saw the same cat. The cat warned again that the house was going to fall. They all were amazed that the cat was talking and moved on. One day, the house fell. Nobody was prepared because everyone was so stuck on the fact that the cat was talking, that they neglected to hear what the cat was saying.

Thomas S. Monson and all of the prophets, talk with God face to face and give us warnings and counsels that we NEED every single day. Are we spending our time in awe that he talks with God, or are we really listening to what the prophet says. 

I testify that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet of God on the earth at this time and that he talks with our Father in Heaven face to face and he knows what is going to happen. We must listen to his counsels because they are the counsels of God. I fully support our prophet and his counselors and all of the leaders of the church and I know that if we follow and obey with exactness, we will be protected.

I love you all!! Have a fantastic week!!

Sister Penni




Brooke, here! We got to Skype with Megan for 2. HOURS on Mother's Day. We were so blessed! It was seriously the greatest thing ever. We were a little unsure of when she would be calling us (we had heard a few different things) so we left church after Sacrament meeting to come home and be ready just in case she called. We are sure glad we did! I was eating jellybeans in the kitchen, Mom was making sandwiches, when suddenly from the living room Kendall yelled "she's calling!" Watching her face appear on the screen was one of the happiest moments I can remember. There were lots of tears mixed in with lots of laughing and telling stories. We miss her so much, but could not be more proud of her! I can't speak for my mom, but I would guess that this was the best Mother's Day yet. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment