Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Bom Dia, minha familia!!






Hello!!!

I got the packages! They were so fun and so exciting! Thank you so much for your letters and cards!! My apartment smells AMAZING with candles. Thank you, mom. It rained a ton this week and one night we forgot our umbrellas and got caught in a super bad rain storm but we made it home safe and soaked! We also had a great zone conference in Londrina which was super fun!

This week we went over to a less active/ sort of coming back families and the mom made us torta de banana (banana cake- basically banana bread) and it was SO GOOD. I got to wash her dishes which was super fun and just tried to serve them. We took lots of fun pictures with their cute kids and we always just leave there after a spiritual thought feeling so good. They are my family of Apucarana. We always stop there for food and laughs and we always just leave feeling so loved and homey.

We are really trying to find new people to teach this week and are just really working hard. This week as we were out doing contacts in the street a sudden and surprising rain storm beat down so we took cover under a building cover and our umbrellas and then hundreds of pigeons from the plaza across the street were getting whipped around in the wind and we got attacked by helpless pigeons and i about lost it. It was so insane and we just laughed a ton but also screamed because it was terrifying. So there's that. 

I am amazed by the women here in our ward who take on so many callings and are just so good. We are loving reading the Liahona during our studies and i encourage you all to use the liahona and ensign in family home evening. It is so wonderful to hear the words of the prophets!

It is so good to hear from all of you and hear how well things are going at home! Things are going well here in Apucarana and I am just feeling so great. My companion showed me this song called Closer by Kyle Thornton and its amazing. Look it up. It explains how I am feeling. 

I want it to be super super super clear to all of you how sure I am of all of this-

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He lives and that His Father, our Father, has a plan for each of us individually but also has a plan for all of his children- the gospel of Jesus Christ. We must have faith, repent, be baptized, be worthy to keep the spirit, and endure to the end. (Go to church, read the scriptures, pray, serve others, and become like Christ.)

The gospel of Jesus Christ was restored through a prophet of God and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the kingdom of God established again on the earth. Cherish the gospel and the scriptures. I wish i would have given them more value before. I can not imagine my life without these short months of learning now. The gospel is true and God is aware of us. 

I love you my wonderful family. Find somebody in your life who could benefit from the joy of the restored gospel and get them some help. There are people ALREADY prepared by the Lord, we just need to find and rescue them. Thank your local missionaries. Its harder than they let you see.

I love you and until next Monday.

Love, Sister Penni

No comments:

Post a Comment