Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Transfers!

Today I finished training! I am officially done with 12 weeks and onto just being a companion. Crazy.



This week we passed the 4 months mark since I left for my mission. Also crazy. I was transferred today. I am leaving tomorrow for Maringá. My companion is staying here in Apucarana but started her mission in Maringá and loved it so we will see! I cant believe Sister Smith is finishing her mission in 5 weeks

Ok- this week was really quite wonderful. We were working out in a really far bairro (neighborhood type thing) and clapping at gates to find people to come to church and to teach. We had knocked for a while and were about to leave that area because we had a compromisso (committment or appointment) back downtown. We, for some reason, decided to knock just one more street and there we found Vandressa. She and her husband and two kids are catholic and she is super nice and invited us in. We started teaching them about the book of Mormon and got to know them and their beliefs a little bit more. She was so sweet and did not want us to leave. She gave us her contact information and we want to go back to see them because they are super ready. I am so glad sister smith and i found them and that she will go back and teach them after I leave.

This week was Easter sunday. WHOO! It was fabulous. My companion was asked to give a talk right before sacrament meeting because something fell through and she talked about hands. She talked about how when we want to do basically anything, we use our hands. To clean, to cook, to greet someone, to wave and say hello, to show love we hold hands, just a lot of things. How many times a day do we look at or use our hands? I am typing right now- with my hands. When we wear rings to represent our marriages or love, we put them on our hands. She read Isaiah 49:16 where Christ says, `I have thee engraven upon the palms of my hands...` Hmm... Christ was ressurrected and received a perfected body and chose to leave the marks on His Hands. Why? To remember us. To remember the sacrifice. We are engraven upon the palms of the hands of the Savior of the world. I know I have never made a sacrifice for somebody that I did not love. How much our Savior must love us then. It was a beautiful talk and gives us a lot to think about. In english we say He is Risen and in Portuguese they say he is already resurrected. She taught them how we say it in english. I have never been resurrected so it is a little bit harder to identify with that, but i have risen many times. Every time we get up in the morning, for example. He is Risen so that we also can be. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the resurrection and for the love of the Savior. 
We spoke to a woman in the streets this week who only celebrates friday, the death of Christ and does not celebrate Easter. How sad. We know that He suffered and died for us and we also know that today in this very moment and every moment since that glorious morning of the third day, He Lives.

Then I also loved the womens conference where i felt the theme was truly service and love. He has given us everything and is our loving Heavenly Father and all he asks of us is to be His Hands. Serve, keep the commandments, see the need in others and be an example of Him.

This week at our lunch message, the Irmá we ate with said something that really touched me. `If we could see how wonderful exaltation is goign to be and truly could understand what it would mean to return to the celestial kingdom, we would spend every moment of everyday dropping everything to serve, learn,and become like the Savior. Nothibng else would matter because we would give up everything here to be there again. It will be that wonderful.` I testify of this. Lets do the things that matter most. :)

Well- i am out of time but I want you all to know that I have a testimony of these things and I learned a lot this weekend. I hope you all did too and ENJOY this wonderful weekend of conference from Gods prophet on the earth today. I love you all and have a wonderful week!

Here a some pictures from this week- Us with a small portion of the ridiculous amount of chocolate we received ( I love the members in Apucarana!) and us with one of our investigators and one of my new best friends Gabriela. Love her.

One more thing- As we approach easter this year, the church has come out with a new video to celebrate easter. You can find it athttp://www.mormon.org/easter

Go look it up. It is super cool and powerful. Hallelujah.

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment