Monday, March 7, 2016

English Classes!!

I can't believe I have gone since November. Crazy.

This week was our first week of teaching ENGLISH CLASSES. We have a lot of english speakers in our district so me and Sister Smith are teaching english to members, non members, just everyone, for free in the chapel two nights a week. It is really fun! We are getting a lot of references and the elders got a baptism from it. Success! Also, I am not in a trio anymore because Sister Knoll was transferred but I am still with Sister Smith. :)

We had a pretty big tender mercy this week because we were just really struggling to mark appointments for Thursday and didn't know what we were going to do, so we went to lunch with a member and after came home to plan our day because everything was falling through. It turns out, that right then we got a call that Sister Knoll had to pack her things and was being transferred that exact day a few hours later. The Lord knew that would happen and allowed a day for us to get her settled and ready. I know we were looked over and that the timing was divine! What a blessing!

We got a reference from a member for a less active lady so we went to visit her and i was so inspired by her. She got into an accident a year ago and now isn't able to remember very well. BUT, she had such a strong desire to go to all of the church activities and i was just so inspired because there are so many people who have the ability to go to church but choose not to. She can not go alone because she doesnt know how to get home from church, but rteally wants to. It made me realize how many things we take for granted in this life. May we all be more like Christiani with a desire and complete willingness to live the gospel. 

Also, this week i fell in love with 3 Nephi chapter 9. The beginning talks about the destruction that came, but the last half are literally the words of the Savior. These words came out of Christs mouth and they are so powerful. He wants us to return, turn, and come unto Him. Go read it. Its amazing. The Book of Mormon is so powerful.

One of our investigators already got past 2 Nephi and is loving the Book of Mormon. I can see his conversion coming because it is changing his desires. He set a goal of drinking no coffee this whole week. He started out not being sure about anything. The Book of Momron is the cornerstone of our religion. Last night during our lesson, we were asking him if he had prayed about the book, he says he prays every morning and every night but that while he is reading, this obvious feeling of peace comes over him. We helped him realize that that is the Spirit testifying of truth. He has a testimnony that the book is true. Therefore, Joseph Smith is a prophet, Christ is our Savior, and the Church is true. THe Book of Mormon is so powerful. I challenge you to read the introduction this week. I dont know how anyone can read the introduction of the book and not have desire to read it or not know its true.

I love you all so much! I am sick this week but am being well taken care of. Last night, we were walking home from our last appointment, and i had struggled throughout the day feeling really sick, and I just got this little thought in my head that said thank you. I felt that maybe the Savior was thanking us for going out to work yesterday. I so easily could have stayed home and really felt sick, but we worked and had one of our best lessons and visited a family who is slowly coming back to church. I know they needed taking care of more than us. I felt that the Lord truly is aware of us individually. I know that now. Thank your local missionaries and don't worry- i am resting today.

I love you all so much!! I am doing well here! We have had really nice sunny weather lately and are doing well!

Love, 
SISTER PENNI

No comments:

Post a Comment