Tuesday, December 8, 2015

first ten days

*new pictures!! click on the 'photos' tab!*

I can not possibly tell you about everything because I literally never
stop doing stuff, but I will try and answer some questions. I don't
know if I will have time for a group email to everyone who wants my
updates this week but feel free to share some of this. I have 2
companions, sister davies and sister mish. From colorado and maryland.
I flew in with about 12 or 13 missionaries from atlanta to sao paulo.
Portuguese is so strange but I am feeling good. I have learned so much
this past week I think my head permanently hurts lol. The food is
surprisingly delicious and it is always warm here. Always sticky. Sao
Paulo summed up in one word would be skyscrapers.

 The CTM is great, my instructors are great, my portuguese will be great i hope. The first

few days I really struggled because, well, its just hard. I was not
expecting it to be this hard, but I also didn~t expect to feel so much
help from Heavenly Father. Please tell everyone I love them and I
think about you all all day every day. My name is just sister penni
because they in brazil, they don~t want us to be confused with the
nuns who are hermana or irma. So, sister penni it is. I have 3
brazilian roommates with my companionship and they are amazing. So
humble, loving, and patient. I have already taught 2 investigators a
few times and we are starting a new one tomorrow. Obviously my pday is
friday. I was worried you would all worry when I didn~t write for a
week. I can]t upload pictures at the CTM but across the street I can
go to Mr. Cheney~s and send pictures so I will try to do that today.
Also, you can go online and order packages through mr. cheneys and
email letters and they will deliver in a few days or less. I want
updats! How is everything going? 

I am healthy, adjusting, and happy. I finally feel like Im getting the hang of things a little bit. We went

to the sau paulo temple this morning and it was amazing. Just what  I
needed. I can bear my testimony in portuguese, pray, and talk with
most people. Still so far from ready though. I just want you all to
know that these first few days I felt so inadequate, unqualified, and
terrified and a sister missionary shared the story of enoch with me
and just testified that ^the lord qualifies who he calls.] I feel your
prayers. I know for a fact that your faith in prayer is giving me the
strength to make it just one more day. I miss you all more than words
can express but I know that we will be glad we did this. 

Man, I just don't know what else to say! I am doing well.

Pushing through. And I am so well taken care of here. Please continue
praying and continue to stay strong in the gospel. It's the best thing
we have. My district is made up of 4 elders and us 3 sisters and we
laugh and talk and get along great. I love you all! Please email me! I
will try and send pictures this week, if not next week. Talk with you
so soon! I will try and plan out a group email of updates for next
week. Love you all so much.

 Love, Sister Penni


No comments:

Post a Comment