Sunday, December 20, 2015

PDAY!!

Hello Family!!

How are you all doing?! I am happy to report that I am no longer coughing my lungs out and am feeling much better! This week we taught, a lot! It has been a week of ups and downs but I am doing well! Portuguese is coming along i hope. Lol we went to the temple again today which rocks!!! I have done the final part of the endowment in portuguese twice now and I had a cool experience today.

They needed people to go in portuguese because there was only one english worker so I was the only american who said I would try in portuguese and so I did. They were so patient and kind with me and I understood most of what I was saying. Afterwards, my old companion came up and told me that after I was finished, the worker told the head worker that I spoke portuguese perfectly and she was so impressed, so that was nice to here! It is easy to get discouraged sometimes because I want to be a good missionary so bad but I dont know how to be in portuguese.

PROSELYTING! We went proselyting this week and it was a rush! We handed out 6 copies of the book of mormon to people we had to go meet on the streets ourselves. I did all six and had really long conversations with each person. It was so insane to be outside and to literally be doing missionary work. Sau Paulo is massive and smelly and awesome and the people are so open to weird young women with black nametags trying to talk to them! It was amazing. I know for a fact that there were atleast 2 women prepared to meet me and my companion that day. There is no way my broken portuguese could have convinced them to do anything.

The MTC is still great and I cant believe I am in my fourth week here. The MTC is a time warp. I have been here for 2 hours and 2 years all at once.

i have so many cool stories but so little time! I love you all so much and miss you more than you know. Honestly.

I am happy and healthy!

Love, Sister Penni

No comments:

Post a Comment